Business License Fees Eliminated in 2021
Welcome! We wish you and your business every success. If you're looking for contacts and resources to help your business, please contact our helpful Development staff or visit our Starting a Business Page.
Depending on the type of business and your location, you may also need a municipal development permit or other municipal, provincial and federal authorizations. Follow the steps in BizPaL for a complete list.
Business Licensing Process:
- Fill out a Business Licence Application.
- Be compliant with external agencies and legislation and be prepared to show proof of compliance.
- City staff will approve or deny your Business Licence and will contact you.
- Pick up your Business Licence at City Hall or have it mailed to you.
- Display your Business Licence - the annual certificate is required to be posted in a conspicuous place at your business location so that it is clearly visible to the public. Proof of your valid current business licence must be shown on demand.
Watch for your business license renewal letter in early December each year. Business licences must be renewed on or before December 31st of each year.