The EcoBrooks Committee was created in the Spring of 2009 and acted as a Citizen's Advisory Group steering the Municipal Sustainability Planning project.
The mandate of the Environmental Advisory Committee is to explore policies, programs and procedures which would lead to the long and short-term enhancement, preservation, and protection of the environment in both local and global contexts.
Focus areas of the Committee are to include:
- Water Conservation – The preservation, control, and development of water resources, both surface and groundwater, and prevention of pollution.
- Energy Sustainability – The provision of energy such that it meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Sustainable Energy has two key components: renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Waste Management – The processes involved in dealing with waste, including minimization, handling, processing, storage, recycling, transport, and final disposal.
- Ecological Sustainability – The conservation of productivity of water, soil, and ecosystems; retaining their essential functions and processes over the long term.
To view the Environmental Advisory Committee's Bylaw (PDF).
- 5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of the month
- City Hall
The committee consists of 12 members:
- 1 City of Brooks Councillor
- 1 representative of Grasslands School Division
- 1 representative of Chris the Redeemer School Division
- 1 Commercial/Industry representative
- 1 Youth member
- 7 Members-at-Large
Community Benefit Grant Program
Learn more about the Community Benefit Grant Program by clicking here.