Property Tax Payment Information
Property Assessment and Tax notices are mailed by mid-May each year. Your taxes are due on or before June 30, 2021, to avoid penalties. On July 1, 2021 and November 1, 2021, a 2% penalty is applied to the outstanding balance of the current taxes. On March 1 of the following year (2022), a 4% penalty will be charged on any balances outstanding.
The City of Brooks accepts payment of taxes as follows:
Tax Installment Prepayment Plan (TIPP)
- Sign up for the Tax Installment Pre-payment Plan and pay monthly towards your future tax charge. The City will make automatic withdrawals from your bank account of a pre-determined amount. Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
- Pay your property taxes through most chartered banks using telephone, online and ATM banking services. Register with your bank.
- Please ensure if you are paying your property taxes through your banking institution that you enter your complete 10 digit roll number.
Mortgage Company Payments
- Pay your taxes through your mortgage provider. If you have chosen this method, it will be noted on your Property Assessment and Tax Notice, and no payment is required to the City when you receive your notice. If you have arranged to pay your taxes through your mortgage, and this does not appear on your tax invoice, please contact your mortgage provider immediately.
Single Annual Payment
- Mail a cheque or money order payable to the City of Brooks to:
City of Brooks
PO Box 879
Brooks, AB T1R 1B7
- Pay in cash, with a cheque, money order, or with a debit card at:
201 - 1st Avenue West
Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The City of Brooks is now accepting online property tax payments with select credit cards through the secure OptionPay system (with applicable third-party fees). Payments for property taxes may be paid by credit card online now in addition to the previously offered option to pay directly through internet banking.
- Note: OptionPay collects a Load Fee for processing the credit card transactions. The fee does NOT go to the City of Brooks.
Please bring your Property Assessment and Tax Notice with you.