Education Property Tax

School Support

The City of Brooks is required by legislation to bill and collect school taxes on behalf of the province. All property owners can declare if their education property tax dollars will go to support the public school district or the Roman Catholic separate school district.

You will receive a school support notice in the mail from us when you acquire property or have had a change in the title of your property. A school support notice filed by a property owner must be received by December 31 and will take effect in the following calendar year. If you do not file a school support notice the education taxes on your property will be directed to the Alberta School Foundation Fund and redistributed on an equal amount per student to public and separate school boards in Alberta. School Declaration Form (PDF).